NHguy's Random Ramblings

Thursday, October 21, 2004

They Won

I am amazed, they won. Not only that but they won early so I didn't have to sit there with my stomach in knots the whole night. On to the World Series now! This is a good year to be a Boston sports fan.

Ok, so now you know a little about me. I am a sports fan in general and a Boston team sports fan in particular. I'm not sure what a blog is supposed to be about but perhaps it is to give me a little better perspective on who I am? I guess since I don't expect anyone will ever read this, I might as well write for myself. It's good practice anyway.

Here is a good exercise. I will describe what I see from where I am now typing: I am at a kitchen island, on my laptop running a wireless connection to the Internet. The island is strewn with papers, news, junk mail and ads from the newspaper. There is an old Watt apple bowl on the table with Bannanas in it. If you don't know what a Watt apple bowl is, go to ebay and try to buy one, they are old and expensive if in good condition.

I am facing a 3 season porch that can be seen through French doors. There's a nice old white wicker set on the far end of the porch near the back wall slider that leads to the yard. to the left of the wicker is a 4 seater hot tub, gurgling now, keeping the water warm. there is a small wooden ladder and a spa pillow with a weight attached beckoning for someone to enter the warm swirling waters.

Beyond the slider in back of the wicker is the yard, the evergreens stand out now against the pale foliage of the meadow behind them. I see the swamp maple red leaves of fall beyond and to the left, the red is now a dull rust color. The Rose of Sharon between the evergreens was once deep green and now is nearly yellow. The leaves cling and swing in the breeze and gently drop one by one.

I see birds, jays mostly, flitting about looking for seeds, the feeder is empty and I suppose they are not happy with me today. The finches have given up on me, the jays have a bit more patience. They are as they sound, demanding and irritating.

There are dishes calling me to wash them from the granite countertops to my front and right. Good thing I never learned to type, I can ignore their call by continuing this diatribe.

Have I told you anything about myself in that description? I think so, what have you learned about me?

I'll write more later, in the mean time.....Theeeeeeeeeee Red Sox Win, Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Red Sox Win!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home